A professional home inspection by BLT gives you an independent, unbiased view of any problems and recommend their solutions, so that you will have all the facts you need to make a sound, informed decision “We Provide Our Clients A True Peace Of Mind”.
Depending on the size and condition of the home, a thorough home inspection will take approximately 2-4 hours. Ideally, you should be present during the inspection, so that you will have visual reference of the findings in your written report. It is not necessary for you to crawl in the crawl space or attic with your inspector, but being present on site will allow us to show you through digital photos the issues found and their exact locations.
We take our home inspection reports seriously. Every home inspection is a complete and thorough analysis of all the Structural and System Components in the home. The report includes a clear description of what we’ve found with any problem areas noted, with digital photos so you can easily identify them. Here is What To Expect when you hire BLT Home Inspections.
Structural and System Components Inspected:
- Roof: roof coverings, flashings, chimneys, vents, trim, gutters, drip edges, skylights, downspouts, and other visible roof related items.
- Attics: insulation, ventilation, rafters, joists and collar ties, trusses, wiring attachments, and other visible related items.
- Plumbing and Fixtures: water pressure, piping, water distribution system, hose bibs, sinks and faucets, bath/showers and toilets, sanitary system, and other plumbing fixtures
- Interior: floors and ceilings, walls, stairs (if applicable) and banisters, finishes, sinks, cabinets, shelving, built-in appliances, smoke detectors and safety-related items, and other visible interior-related components
- Heating and Cooling Systems: furnace, air cleaning parts, ductwork, air conditioner and lines, heat pumps, and other visible related HVAC components
- Electrical Systems: service entry and clearances, service panels, switches and outlets, visible wiring and junction boxes, grounding system, and other related electrical components
- Basements, Crawl Spaces, and Foundation: insulation, ventilation, posts, piers, vapor barriers, utility attachment, structural items, floors and walls, and columns
- Exterior: siding materials, attachments, windows, doors, sashes and lintels, vents, entryways, walkways, lot grading, and other visible exterior related components
- Other: attached decks and porches, attached garages, indoor and outdoor fireplaces, and the overall structure condition
- Detached Structures: detached garages, guesthouses, pool houses, pool, spas, and fencing are not covered under the general home inspections but can be added, simply let us know if these items are present and that you wish to have them evaluated.